The Variable Refresh Rate or VRR was not initially added to PlayStation 5. But later, VRR found its way to the PS5 console. This feature allows compatible TVs to dynamically set and adjust the refresh rate and match the game’s output. In simple words, with this amazing feature, you can control the FPS and remove lag which can run games smoother. Here, you will learn how to enable VRR in PlayStation 5.
How to enable VRR in PlayStation 5?
Enabling the VRR in your PS5 will give you strong control over-screen refresh rate. It can give you a better gameplay experience. To enable the VRR, you can follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you will have to launch your PlayStation 5 console.
- Now head over to your PlayStation 5 settings menu.
- Find the Screen and Video option, and click on it.
- It will take you to a new interface and see Screen and Video settings.
- Now, scroll down the page and see the VRR options.
- A switch is given for the VRR. Toggle the switch to On to enable the VRR on your PlayStation 5.
Turning on the switch will enable the VRR on your PlayStation 5, and now you can control the screen’s refresh rate. To disable the VRR on your PlayStation 5, go to the same page and then toggle the switch to OFF.
Why is your VRR not working?
VRR will greatly enhance your gameplay experience and make bad graphics games look good. To make this happen, you will need to have a VRR-supported TV. In addition, to apply VRR in your game, that game should be compatible with the VRR feature. If your game or your TV and monitor do not support the VRR feature, you will not be able to use it. Also, it will not allow you to control the screen refresh rate. So, before you enable the VRR, ensure your game supports the VRR feature.